A-5000 DHT Monoblock Amplifier
The Allnic A-5000DHT monoblock amplifier uses only Direct Heated Triode vacuum tubes. This means silent backgrounds, unmatched clarity and presence, accurate natural tone and timbre, detail, speed, natural decay and harmonic resolution, and astounding, immersive “you are there” sound-staging!
A new paradigm on the original foundation of audio reproduction – the direct heated triode (DHT). The Allnic A-5000DHT monoblock amplifier uses only DHT vacuum tubes. What does pure DHT mean for a power amplifier? Silent backgrounds; unmatched clarity, detail, speed, decay and harmonic resolution; immersive and layered “you are there” sound-staging, with incredible air around instruments and voices; clarity and presence; accurate natural tone and timbre. Wattage means little, the A-5000 DHT produces unbelievable drive from a single 300B. Simply, like all the 5000 series products, the Allnic A-5000DHT will produce as much faithfulness to the source as the rest of your system can provide.
- 10 watts of high power output
- Direct wired, no circuit boards
- Sophisticated ratio, mixed nickel Permalloy PB cored output transformers
- Analogue power tube current monitoring meters
- Exceptionally easy bias controls
- Soft-start Circuitry
The A-5000 DHT has the following features:
- All Direct Heated Triodes – The A-5000 DHT monoblock amplifier is a pure direct heated triode, tube rectified power amplifier. It uses only direct heated tubes in the signal path, from input to output. The first stage is a new old stock Marconi HL-2; the second is a new, Allnic in-house manufactured RS242, replacing the previously used NOS 3A-110A; the third is the famous 300B. The rectifier tube is also direct heated, a 5U4G (or direct heated equivalent). This is an ideal combination of pure direct heated triodes, resulting in unparalleled faithfulness to the incoming signal, incredible musicality and detail, and quick, articulate bass.
- Real power drive – The driver tube is the Allnic in-house manufactured RS242. Allnic uses this direct heated triode RS242 tube to drive the 300B to its correct specifications via a choke plate inductor. The choke inductor (with a 100% permalloy core) has very low power loss and an infinitely high load impedance. This configuration is an ideal drive stage for the single ended 300B and produces 10 watts of pure class A, extremely low distortion, high power output.
- Nickel alloy output transformer – Allnic uses sophisticated ratio mixed nickel permalloy PB cored output transformers. Because of their extremely high initial permeability, it is possible to use lower turns on the primary winding while retaining very high ‘open circuit inductance”. That means a resulting very wide frequency range and low distortion bass response. The A-5000 DHT uses the very latest version of Allnic’s transformers. This is another reason why the A-5000 DHT excels over other 300B power amplifiers. Allnic also uses a very big nickel core, so as not to be magnetically saturated at a high current of level of 200mA.
- Fixed bias control grid – Allnic prefers to use low distortion and high output “fixed-bias” rather than the relatively higher distortion and lower output “self-bias” method. That way, it is possible to eliminate the use of cathode resistors and their associated heat production.
- Natural negative feedback – The A-5000 DHT applies about -6dB of negative feedback. This is a very complimentary amount of negative feedback that differentiates the Allnic 300B single ended amplifiers from the standard, which have a very coloured and weak speaker driving force. With this natural feedback, the A-5000 DHT has a relatively high “damping factor’, very low distortion, and a higher S/N ratio, without losing the signature, single ended natural sound quality.
- Hard wiring – The A-5000 DHT is all hard wired; circuit boards are not used.
- Beautiful 20KHz square wave response.
|· Output Power:||10w (8Ω load, at 1KHz)
|· Total Harmonic Distortion:||Less than 0.5% at 1KHz, 2.83V|
|· Frequency Response:||20Hz – 50KHz Flat
|· S/N Ratio:||-76dB (CCIR, 1KHz)|
|· Damping Factor:||4.7 at 8Ω load at 1KHz
|· Voltage gain:||+24dB
|· Input Impedance:||100KΩ (single-ended, unbalanced)
|· Input Sensitivity:||0.6V for rated power|
• AC 3A, 250V slow-blow for 110/120V regions
• AC 2A, 250V slow-blow for 230/240V regions
· 300B: 315mA @ 250V, 20mm glass, slow blow type
|· Tubes (per chassis):||· 300B X 1 (power tube)
· HL-2 X 1 (first stage driver)
· RS242 X 1 (second stage driver – equivalent to 3A-110A)
· 5U4G X 1 (rectifier – substitute with equivalent direct-heated rectifier only)
|· Dimensions:||(W x D x H) 430mm (16.93 inches) x 330mm (13 inches) x 240mm (9.45 inches)|
|· Weight:||· 20Kg (44 lbs) net per monoblock.
· 21.8 Kg (48 lbs) shipping weight per monoblock.