Today we are proudly announcing the birth of moving coil cartridge sisters AMBER and ROSE.…
SPECIAL PRICING ANNOUNCEMENT
ALLNIC L-1500 LINE-STAGE PREAMPLIFIER
FINAL, UPGRADED PRODUCTION RUN
Regular price: $7500 USD
$4700 – while they last!
Hammertone Audio has purchased the entire, final production run of the fabulous Allnic L-1500 output transformer coupled preamplifier – UPGRADED WITH L-7000 OUTPUT TRANSFORMERS – to sell at the very special, reduced price of $4700 USD.
Allnic is ending production of the L-1500 preamplifier after 13 years as one of its best-selling devices, making it a veritable classic in the industry.
THE UPGRADES: These last L-1500s are an improved version of the original, with the new MK2 output transformers – the same as in the rave-reviewed L-7000 line stage preamplifier ($16,500) – and the new, ergonomically designed aluminum remote control.
In addition to the L-7000 transformers and new remote, each unit features:
- Single gain stage – A single gain stage circuit uses only one tube for amplification (“gain”). This reproduces a purer, more detailed, more spacious and more dynamic sound than multiple gain stages.
- Pure Class A operation
- Ultra-low output impedance, making them capable of driving any amplifier out there
- Advanced tube technology voltage regulation ‐ For quieter and more dynamic operation, the L‐1500 has an ultra-high-speed automatic voltage regulation circuit, utilizing vacuum tubes.
- Precision attenuator volume control – The L‐1500 does not employ a digital IC volume control or a low‐ cost carbon film volume control with a motor. Allnic Audio has developed a precision oil clutched motorized attenuator; the L‐1500 has no (± 0db) channel imbalance at any volume level.
- KS Park’s expert choice of NOS tubes
- RCA and XLR inputs and outputs
- FULL WARRANTY
If you are in the market for a new preamplifier around this and even significantly higher price points, we believe you really could not do better than the L-1500. It was the piece that convinced Hammertone to represent Allnic, after decades of listening to and selling high-end equipment, and a preamp shoot-out with several of the best in the market at the time, all for significantly higher cost. Cold out of the box, the L-1500 simply blew them out of the water in every measure, low-noise, wide and deep and high sound-stage, timbre, body, air, resolution and dynamics. Happy memories – and talk about FOREVER PRODUCTS!!
And we weren’t alone – Here’s what some others thought on first release:
And this recent highly enthusiastic review by Audiophilia, with Anthony Kershaw’s initial impressions of the upgraded, last L-1500s!
We’ll soon be seeing the backs of the final L-1500s. These beauties will go fast!
PLEASE NOTE: these last, upgraded L-1500s are available with the silver chassis only.
This special offer on the L-1500 is available exclusively through:
Hammertone Audio (West)
Email or call Dave Beetles:
Corby’s Audio (Central and East)
Email or call Don Corby:
Tel: +1 905.689.1976
Toll free: 1.877.689.1976
Email or call John Ketcham:
Tel: +1 503–292–5592
L-1500 Technical Specifications
- Inputs: Line level x 5 pairs (Balanced XLR x 2; Unbalanced RCA x 3)
- Outputs: Balanced XLR x 1 pair; Unbalanced RCA x 1 pair
- Input Impedance: Unbalanced 10kΩ; Balanced 20kΩ
- Frequency Range: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (FLAT); 16Hz ~ 75kHz (‐3dB)
- Voltage Gain: +20dB
- THD (1kHz): Output 0.3V, 0.06%; Output 1.0V, 0.15%
- S/N Ratio: 90dB (CCIR, 1kHz)
- Maximum Output: 15V RMS (Non‐clipping)
- Output Impedance: 150Ω Constant
- Power Consumption: 30W at 110/120V / 60 Hz
- Tubes: E810F (or D3a) x 2 (gain stage, left and right channels – there are no equivalents to these tubes); 7233 (no equivalent) x 1 (Voltage Regulator); 5654 x 1 (Voltage error detector, equivalent to 6AK5W, E95F, M8100, 6096, CK5654, 5654W, GL-5654, CV4010, CV850, 5654RT)
- Fuse: AC 3A, 250V
- Dimensions: 430mm (16.9291 inches) (W) 300mm (11.811 inches) (D) 120mm (4.72441 inches) (H)
- Weight: 9 kg (19.8 lbs) unpacked. Shipping weight in original materials is 12.7 kg. (28 lbs)